The Spencer Group is always on the prowl for new volunteers and advocates! Here are some ways to support our work:
Share your time
- Calling Social Butterflies! Volunteer at an upcoming special event! Contact us and tell us about your interests and we’ll be in touch with opportunities.
- More of the creative type? We always need help behind the scenes making snuffle mats and cutting fleece.
- Do you love to organize and work on the “business” side of things? Consider joining one of Spencer Group’s Committees. Committees have specific focus areas including Marketing/Public Relations, Special Events, and Training. Share your special skills and we’ll be in touch!
- Are you a certified dog trainer who’s passionate about animal rescue? Certified trainers working through the Spencer Scholarship commit to using positive, science-based methods. Positive trainers will not use any tool or technique that is designed to be aversive and/or cause the dog intimidation, distrust, stress, anxiety, fear, or pain. If you would like to be considered for our training team, apply here.
- We have lots of options for volunteers! Fill out our volunteer application and indicate your interests!
Your monetary donation provides high-quality training for rescue dogs and dogs at risk of being returned post-adoption due to behavioral issues. We are a registered 501(c)(3) and your donation is tax deductible.